The school of Postgraduate Studies, University of Lagos – University of First Choice and the Nation’s Pride, a leading, reputable first generation Institution for postgraduate education and research in Africa, situated in the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from recognized institutions for admission into Postgraduate programmes of the University in the 2020/2021 Session, namely:
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes.
- Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. LL.M, M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., etc.).
- Professional Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. EMBA, LLS, MAG, MARPM, MBA, MBF, MCM, MCrim, MDF, MDM, MDR, MDSS, MEM, MESM, MFM, MGIS, MHDM, MHyS, MILD, MILR, MLA, MMAM, MMP, MPA, MPE, MPH, MPIA, MPM, MRM, MRPP, MSEM, MSIS , MTL, MTPM, MTTFL, MUD, MULTP, etc.).
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes.
There is flexibility in the mode of study with Full Time, Part Time, Executive and Sandwich options as applicable.
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICATION
- Sale of Application Forms commences on Monday, 25th May, 2020 and ends on Sunday, 14th August, 2020.
- Completed Application Forms are to be submitted ONLINE not later than Sunday, 21st August, 2020.
- Visit the School of Postgraduate Studies University of Lagos Portal, http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng, Click the 2020/2021 Applications link.
- Confirm availability and your eligibility of the desired course.
- Click the “Application Form” link and select the Postgraduate option from the Application Type menu.
- Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a Payment Reference Number. (please print the payment advice).
- Proceed to make payment of the non-refundable fee of ₦22,500.00 (Twenty Two Thousand and Five Hundred Naira Only) for the Form, and charges through any of the below options:
- Remita Payment: Any commercial bank using the RRR number displayed on the payment advice.
- Online Payment: Click the PayNow link to make payment directly on the portal with your bank debit card.
- After payment, return to the School of Postgraduate Studies website http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng, click the 2020/2021 Application link, then “Continue Application” link, login with Payment Reference Number and provide surname in lowercase as password.
- Complete the Application form and upload digital passport photograph (jpeg format) which should not be more than 15KB in size and must be on a white background. The acceptable dimension is width: 275 pixels or 35mm, height: 314 pixels or 40mm. (Failure to comply with specified image format may lead to disqualification.)
- Click “SUBMIT FORM” button if the information is correct, else, click DECLINE button (CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO CONCLUDE THE FINAL SUBMISSION ONLY AFTER THEY HAVE COMPLETELY FILLED THE FORM. PLEASE NOTE THAT EDITING OF APPLICATION FORM AFTER FINAL SUBMISSION ATTRACTS A ₦1,000 CHARGE).
- Kindly note the following:
- Candidates are advised to read the requirements for their desired programmes carefully to confirm eligibility.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results or are currently undergoing Postgraduate programmes or Nigerian citizens who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments are not eligible.
- Holders of Degrees obtained from Outreach/Satellite campuses are not eligible.
- Every applicant is required to upload EVERY credential listed on the application form for the admission such as: (a) Degree Certificates (Not Statement of Results) (b) NYSC Certificate (c) Professional Certificates
- All Academic Transcripts must reach the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the beginning of registration/screening exercise.
- All M.Phil./Ph.D. candidates are required to contact the relevant Departments for availability of Supervisors/vacancies before applying.
- Check the dates for ONLINE Qualifying Examination/Interviews and any additional information on the website of the University of Lagos, School of Postgraduate Studies (http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng) from 28thAugust, 2020.
For further information, please contact through the following: