Important Notice: 2023/2024 Screening/Registration Exercise for Newly Admitted Candidates (2nd Batch)
The 2023/2024 Screening/Registration exercise for all newly admitted UTME and DIRECT ENTRY candidates (2nd Batch) will hold from Monday, November 6 to Friday, December 1, 2023 from 9:00 a. m to 3:00 p. m. in accordance with the Registration Schedule. (Click Here to see Registration Schedule)
Stage 1: Uploading of Documents
- With UTME Number as Username and Surname in lower case as Password, log in the UNILAG Student Portal via www.unilag.edu.ng, then Click ADMISSIONS, Admissions and 2023/2024 SCREENING.
- Fill the bio-data form and print the Screening Form.
- Students are expected to upload the under listed documents (original) while filling the bio-data form:
- Birth Certificate
- Letter of Reference from a reputable Clergyman/Imam/Lawyer/Senior Civil Servant, addressed to The Registrar, University of Lagos
- Testimonial from Secondary School attended
- State of Origin Certificate
- JAMB Admission Letter
- O’Level Result
- Previous Degree Certificate (for DIRECT Entry candidates only)
- Stage 2: Screening
B. Submit two copies of the under listed documents to the registration officer:
- Screening Form generated from stage 1 (Coloured and photocopy)
- UNILAG Online Application Form (for Direct Entry candidates only: Coloured and photocopy)
- JAMB Acknowledgement Slip (for Direct Entry candidates only: Coloured and photocopy)
- JAMB Admission Letter (Institution Copy: Coloured and photocopy)
- UTME Result Slip (Coloured and photocopy: Not Applicable to Direct Entry candidates)
- Post-UTME Result Slip (Coloured and photocopy: Not Applicable to 2022 JAMB candidates)
- JUPEB/A-LEVEL/OND/HND/BSc. Result Slip (for Direct Entry candidates only)
- O’Level Result Certificate (WAEC/NECO). Online version will only be accepted from the 2023 WAEC/NECO Results holders. NOTE: STATEMENT OF RESULT FROM SECONDARY SCHOOL IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- Letter of Reference (original copy) from a reputable Clergyman/Imam/Lawyer/Senior Civil Servant (on Letterhead, indicate status in Office, Lawyers to use the Valid NBA Seal [NOT THE RED SEAL]), addressed to The Registrar, University of Lagos
- Birth Certificate (Photocopies)
- Testimonial from Secondary School attended (Photocopies)
- State of Origin Certificate (Photocopies). Note: This must be the same state you registered with JAMB
- Passport Photographs (12 Copies: full names should be written on the reverse side)
Please note that all candidates are to present the original copies of all credentials (birth certificate/sworn affidavit, testimonial, state of origin and WAEC certificate) for sighting.
- Stage 3: Payment of Fees
A. Generate Payment Advice 24 hours after Stage 2 process
B. Proceed to any bank to make payment
- Stage 4: Faculty/Departmental Registration
Proceed to your Faculty and Department for further registration processes
- Important Notice
- Impersonation is a serious offence, therefore anyone found guilty of this, will automatically forfeit his/her admission and may be handed over to the Police.
- DRUG USE: The University has zero tolerance for drug use; hence, a compulsory test shall be conducted for all newly admitted students ONCE. This could either be before or after registration. The admission of newly admitted students who test POSITIVE TO DRUG USE, as well as those who fail to undergo the test shall be WITHDRAWN.
- The dates for the Matriculation ceremony and Orientation programme would be as announced by the University.
The University of Lagos warmly welcomes and congratulatesall newly admitted UTME and DIRECT ENTRY candidates on their admission into the University of First Choice and the Nation’s Pride. The University wishes all fresh students success in their academic career.
Mrs. O. E. Makinde
Acting Registrar and Secretary to Council