JOINT UNIVERSITIES PRELIMINARY EXAMINATIONS BOARD
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES ON THE CONDUCT OF EXAMINATIONS
- Candidates must be seated in the Examination room/hall at least 15 minutes before the
commencement of Examinations.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the hall during the Examinations unless escorted by an
- Candidates must come with their own writing materials to the Examination hall.
- All rough work must be done in the answer booklets and crossed out neatly.
- Communication between and among candidates is strictly forbidden.
- Candidates who need the attention of the Invigilator should signal by the raising of hand.
- Candidates are to write legibly. The answers to each Question number should start on a new page.
- Each Candidate must ensure that he/she signs the Attendance Register at the commencement of the
Examination and at the end of the paper when submitting his/her answer script to the Invigilator.
- Candidates must ensure that they write legibly, at the appropriate places on the front cover of their
booklets, their Examination Numbers and indicate the questions numbers answered. Candidates
should write their examination number on every page of the answer booklet.
- Candidates are advised to read the instructions on the Questions papers as well as all the instructions
on the Answer Booklet as failure to adhere to these instructions may affect your result.
- Mobile phones and other electronic gadgets are not allowed in the Examination room/hall. Any
phone or electronic gadget seized in the examination hall will be forfeited by the candidate to
The following prescribed penalties will be imposed on anyone involved in any of the following acts of
misconduct. No plea will be entertained.
- B. PENALTIES/SANCTIONS FOR EXAMINATIONS MISCONDUCT
1 Lateness to Examination: All candidates
should be at the Examination venue one hour
(1hr) before the commencement of the
A candidate is deemed to be late 30 minutes
after the commencement of Examination.
Candidate coming after 30 minutes of
commencement of examination will be
disallowed from seating for the
2 Copying: Copying from chips, pieces of paper,
textbooks, lecture notes, other candidates’
scripts; inscriptions on the body, exchange of
question papers/answer sheets, collaborative
copying, WhatsApp, etc.
Candidate will be required to complete
Exam misconduct form and if found
guilty his or her result shall be
3 Possession of mobiles phone(s) and other
electronic gadgets either in use or not in use.
Mobiles phone(s) and other electronic
gadgets will be seized and result
cancelled. The mobile phone will be
forfeited by the candidate to the Board.
4 Smuggling of question papers/answer sheets
in and out of Exam hall, absconding with
Candidate’s result will be cancelled.
5 Impersonation The impostor and the candidate
impersonated shall be handed over to
Law Enforcement Agencies and the
candidate’s results cancelled.
6 Disorderliness (Disobedience to the standing
order): mob, group or individual action against
Supervisors/Invigilators or Examination officials
causing disruption, chaos, etc. during the
Examination in the Examination room/hall.
i) If this happens in a room/hall, the
results of the whole exam room/ hall
will be cancelled.
ii) If it happens on a wide scale in a
centre, the results of the whole centre
will be cancelled.
7 Disturbances (whispering, noise making,
exchange of exam materials, discussion, etc.);
Unauthorized changing of sitting position and
disobeying Examination instructions.
At the first attempt, the candidate shall
be disengaged for 10 minutes by being
made to stand and face the wall.
If the candidate persists in such
misbehavior, candidate must
compulsorily submit his or her answer
script to the Invigilator who will book
him/her and be sent out of the venue.
The answer script will be marked as it
8 Attack on Examination Officials: mob, group
or individual attack on Supervisor/Invigilator or
Examination officials before or after the
Suspect(s) will be handed over to Law
Enforcement Agencies and the results of
the whole centre will be cancelled.
9 Forgery of Results: alteration, upgrading,
falsification, production of fake
results/documents and manipulation of results.
The results of the candidate(s) will be
The facilitator’s appointment will be
Both the candidate and the facilitator
will be handed over to Law
10 Destruction of Unauthorized Examinations
Cancellation of results.
11 Refusal to complete Examination misconduct
form and/or refusal to submit offending
Cancellation of results.
12 Other related act of Examination misconduct
not specifically stated
Penalty shall be determined based on the
recommendation of Management.