The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has released the list of Prohibited items, do’s, don’t in the main examination hall, as exam starts April 25.
YOMSDIRECT will be looking at what candidates must note and dont.
You might have prepared and aimed 300. However certain things might be a stumbling block. So as not to fall victim, read carefully and abide.
The board has warned that candidates who breach the directive would be disallowed from taking the UTME. Candidates are hereby required to properly examine the list and take note of the prohibited items, in order to avoid complications during the UTME exercise.
Below is the complete list of Prohibited Items listed by JAMB
Mobile Phones or Similar Electronic Devices
Spy Reading Glasses Which Should be Scrutinized
Calculators or Similar Electronic Devices
USB, CD, Hard Disk, and or Similar Storage Devices
Books and Any Reading/Writing Material
Also, where examination official (board staff or ad hoc staff) or any authorized person is found with any of these prohibited items in the examination hall, such compromising action would be treated as a deliberate act of examination sabotage and necessary sanction will be applied.
Instructions on Biometric Verification
- Biometric Verification will be the only mode for the admittance of candidates into the examination centre. Strict adherence to the guide on compulsory biometric verification of every candidate is required.
- No Candidate should be kept waiting if he/she cannot be verified. Such a candidate should be recaptured at the centre before leaving. ONLY genuine cases will subsequently be treated.
- There is no other Attendance Register apart from the biometric verification. Biometric verification will also serve as Attendance Register during examinations.
- Photo Albums will only carry pictures with no marking points for either Present or Absent status.
- All Examination Officials, including the security agents, are to ensure compliance with all guidelines, rules and regulations on the examination.